If you’re missing all of your teeth, or have a lot of teeth that are failing, you may be a candidate for all-on-4 dental implants. This treatment option is a great alternative to traditional dentures and can give you a smile you can be proud of.
All-on-4 dental implants involve installing four dental implants in your jaw and then attaching a dental bridge to those all on 4 implants. This bridge will have all of your teeth attached, giving you a full, natural-looking smile.
Benefits of All on Four
There are many benefits of All-On-4 dental implants. Some of these benefits include:
- All-On-4 dental implants are a more conservative option than traditional dental implants. With traditional dental implants, the patient requires two implants in the front of their mouth and two in the back. With All-On-4 dental implants, the patient only requires four implants, which makes the procedure more affordable and less invasive.
- All-On-4 dental implants are more stable and durable than traditional dental implants. Traditional dental implants can loosen over time and can be prone to failure. All-On-4 dental implants are much more stable and are less likely to fail.
- All-On-4 dental implants look and feel more natural than traditional dental implants. Traditional dental implants can often look and feel unnatural, especially if they are not placed by a skilled dentist. All-On-4 dental implants look and feel more natural because they are placed in such a way that they mimic the natural teeth.
- All-On-4 dental implants are more comfortable than traditional dental implants. Traditional dental implants can often be uncomfortable, especially if they are not placed properly. All-On-4 dental implants are more comfortable because they are placed in such a way that they distribute the pressure evenly across the jawbone.
- All-On-4 dental implants are more secure than traditional dental implants. Traditional dental implants can often be loose and can wobble around in the mouth. All-On-4 dental implants are more secure because they are placed in such a way that they are anchored into the jawbone.
Who Are Good Candidates for All on 4?
An all-on-4 dental implant procedure is a great option for people who are missing all of their teeth or have extensive tooth loss. This procedure uses four dental implants to anchor a full set of replacement teeth in the mouth.
All-on-4 dental implant procedures are typically recommended for people who are in poor oral health or who have difficulty chewing. The dental implants used in this procedure are much smaller and less invasive than traditional dental implants, making them a good option for people who are not candidates for traditional dental implants.
How Long Does All on 4 Usually Last?
All-on-4 dental implants are a permanent tooth replacement solution that can last for many years with proper care. While the average lifespan of an all-on-4 implant is 10-15 years, some patients have implants that last for up to 20 years or more.
The longevity of all-on-4 implants depends on a number of factors, including the health of the patient’s gums and jawbone, the quality of the implant materials, and the type of care and maintenance the patient provides.
To ensure the longevity of all-on-4 implants, patients should follow their dentist’s instructions for care and maintenance. This includes brushing and flossing regularly, avoiding hard or sticky foods that could damage the implants, and coming in for regular dental checkups and cleanings.
If patients experience any problems with their implants, they should contact their dentist right away. Prompt treatment can help prevent further damage and extend the life of the implants.